Homemade Spicy Smoked Hummus by Shawn (PoplarSmoke):
- 2 Can of Chickpeas - Rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp Zoe Olive Oil Chili
- 1/2 Cup Zoe Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Zoe Greek Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to garnish
- Put rinsed and drained chickpeas into a cast iron skillet.
- Toss chickpeas in olive oil, Season with Greek Seasoning and place onto your grill at 200 degrees indirect.
- Smoke for anywhere from 30 mins to 1 Hour, stirring every occasionally over your favorite smoking wood - I used Cherrywood.
- Remove from grill and let the chickpeas cool completely.
- Add chickpeas and all remaining ingredients to a food processor/ blender and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with a drizzle of chili olive oil and red pepper flakes.
Leave a comment